Water heated by Gas


If the leak cannot be contained and/or it is causing damage to the property (especially if it is penetrating into an electrical fitting) it is classified as an emergency and it must be reported by telephone as soon as possible.

In those circumstances you should turn the water off immediately using the stopcock. If the leak is coming from the above or adjacent property, you must try to contact those occupants immediately and ask them to turn off their water & fix their leak.

If the leak is containable you should continue to report it online. Place a bucket or other appropriate vessel under the leak to catch the water and limit potential damage to the property.

Make a note of the time it takes to fill the vessel and please include this information when you report it to us & don't forget to empty it when needed (you can set an alarm on your phone to remind you!).

Water Supply

If you are having problems with the supply of water to your property please first check with your water provider to see if there are any known issues in your area.

If you are not sure who your supplier is please go to the following website to check: http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/consumerissues/watercompanies/map/

In addition please download the useful check guide before reporting the fault

Download Useful Guide Leak.