ZK Investments and the Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act 1998 ensures your information is not misused.
It defines a set of rules and guidelines we must follow when handling your information. These are referred to as Data Protection Principles.
We must make sure your information is:
• Processed fairly and lawfully
• Processed for limited purposes
• Adequate, relevant and not excessive
• Accurate and up to date
• Not kept for longer than necessary
• Processed in line with your rights
• Kept secure
• Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
Your right to privacy when using the website is protected by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (EC Directive) 2003 and your rights in respect of your personal data are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998
How we use Your Personal Information
Your personal information is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
During your tenancy we may collect and process information about you and members of your household. We do this to:
• manage your tenancy and the property it relates to,
• monitor compliance with the terms of your tenancy agreement,
• deliver support for special needs to you or any member of your household,
• conduct surveys in order to monitor and improve our services
• monitor Equality and Diversity
Unless we advise you otherwise, we will only collect and process personal information to carry out these functions.
We may sometimes need to share personal information with third parties. We do this to achieve the purposes described above. We also share information:
• to allow us to tailor our services to you
• for detecting possible fraud,
• to deal with rent arrears (e.g. tracing and/or debt collection agencies)
• to deal with unpaid bills, e.g. utility or council tax bills – we may need to pass on your forwarding address
• To help us communicate with you (e.g. we sometimes use external printers, translators etc…)
As part of the government’s reform of welfare benefits, they’ve introduced new regulations on information sharing. This means we can now share limited information about our residents and their properties with local authorities. For example name, address, age and number of bedrooms per property. The new regulations will help us identify and support those who may be affected by welfare reform.
We may also disclose your personal details, if required to do so, by law or any Government body.
How are my details stored?
We will store your details securely using:
• Filing cabinets kept in secure office accommodation
• Secure computer systems. Any records held electronically will be protected by appropriate security arrangements that prevent unauthorised access
How long do you keep my information?
We have a Document Retention Policy. This policy states how long we keep different types of information for. We follow legal guidance and best practice.
How can I find out what information you hold about me?
The Data Protection Act allows you to find out what information about we hold about you and correct any mistakes.
You have a legal right to see the personal information we hold on you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
There is a charge of £10 for responding to a Subject Access Request and, by law we have 40 calendar days to deliver the information. You can apply in writing to:
Data Protection Manager
ZK Investments Ltd
Unit 6, ZK Park
23 Commerce Way ,
Surrey, CR0 4ZS
Your right to certain information may be restricted. For example information relating to, or from, a third party, or information relating to a police investigation etc.
We also use Google Analytics cookies to enable more accurate reporting of site usage data. We do not use third party cookies.
Full instructions for most popular browsers, including older versions, can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies Cookies are a technical requirement for some functions offered on this website, such as staff or board member logins. Cookies must be enabled if you wish to make use of any of these services.