• Pay your rent on time.
• Pay your gas, electricity, water bills and council tax.
• Get home contents insurance to protect your belongings.
• You must live in your home from the start of your tenancy.
• You must not give your home to anyone else.
• Please let us know if your contact details, such as your mobile phone number, change. This is important in case we need to contact you in an emergency – for example, if you have a burst pipe.
• Pets and animals: ask our permission before getting a pet (as not all homes are suitable)
• Keep pets under control and clear up any mess
• Keep your home and garden clean to reduce the risk of pest and vermin infestation – You are responsible for any pests inside your home or garden.
• You should try to be a good neighbour and keep good relations.
Safety and security:
• Check electrical plugs and flexes regularly
• Test your smoke detector regularly
• Take care if using candles in your home
• Allow us access for the yearly gas inspection
• Tell us if you are going to be away from your home for longer than 21 days.
• Keep your home safe – so don’t keep any liquids that might catch fire in your home, shed or garage
• Tell us about any repairs that are needed
• Get our permission before doing any home improvements
• Keep your home well ventilated to reduce condensation.
• Get our written permission if you want to run a business from your home
• Report any tenancy or housing problems to us.
Gardens and outside areas
• Keep your garden clean, tidy and free from rubbish
• Check with us before cutting down any trees – some are protected by special orders
• Supervise children on balconies, outside and in communal areas
• Check safety latches on windows and balconies are safe and secure, and locked (especially if you have young children).
• Be considerate to other people when using all outside or communal areas, including inside stairwells and walkways.