Newsletter Winter 2018
Winter is here, make sure to keep your homes warm and dry.
Follow our tips to keeping your Hot Water Tank / Boiler in top condition.
Hot Water Tank Tips
- Keep the Hot Water Cupboard clear, this way it can regulate its heat properly and also none of the pipes will be damaged.
- Make sure that the timer is set correctly so you have hot water when you need it.
- Do not have both the regular and emergency switch on at the same time, this can cause problems with the Hot Water Tank.
- Should your Hot Water Tank stop working, turn on the emergency switch and leave for a few hours and then turn it off once the water is hot. Also, make sure to report to us the problem.
- Same as above, keep the area around the boiler clear to avoid damaging any of the pipes.
- If your radiator doesn’t feel warm, most likely it needs bleeding. Turn off the heating, get a cloth and bleeding key. Turn the valve anti-clockwise until you hear a hiss, hold the cloth over the valve to catch any water drips. Once the water is running, tighten the valve.
- Heat your home 1 hour a day, even if you are away. It will help keep your boiler running smoothly.
- For more tips, follow this link to our Gas Heating tips page: www.zkinvestments.com/Gas-Heating-Tips/
Should your Hot Water Tank or Boiler stop working, please make sure to report this to us through our website: www.zkinvestments.com/repair-report/
This sort of weather can also cause bad cases of damp in your home, read the below to prevent it:
- Keep your home warm
- Make sure to ventilate your home as damp is formed when moisture in the air cannot escape
- Keep boiling pans covered
- Don’t boil kettles for too long
- Don’t dry your washing on a radiator, its best to dry them outside. If this is not an option for you, dry your clothes on an airer in a well-ventilated room.
- If you see any places with moisture on them, dry them with a cloth.
- Use the extractor fans on your oven hood and in your bathroom
ZK Investments – Christmas Shut down
From the 19th of December 2018 to the 7th of January 2019 our office will be closed.
We will only have limited repair capacity during the holidays and please report only EMERGENCY REPAIRS like no heating or hot water and serious leaks online. Our contractors will carry out the repairs if necessary and on the basis that they can get the spare parts if available.
Before reporting the repair:
Please study the guide on line on what is an EMERGENCY or URGENT repair: www.zkinvestments.com/speed-of-repair-repair-time-scales/
All other repairs can be reported on line www.zkinvestments.com/repair-report/
Routine and non-emergency repairs can only be done after January 7th, 2019.
Please note that the phone lines will not be answered during the Holiday period.
Upcoming properties to rent
We have properties coming available in the next couple of weeks / months. These will mostly be 1 and 2-bedroom flats in the Croydon area. If you or someone you know would be interested in moving into the area, then register on our website to receive viewing details when available.
Registering with ZK Investments: www.zkinvestments.com/register-with-us/
You can also view our website to see the properties that are upcoming.